Let's get started
Let's meet, put faces to names, and begin discussing your project somewhere that suits you, on-site or at your place.
This allows you to discuss your ideas and goals and learn what might be involved before you commit further, and we can discuss how we can use our experience to build your dream home.
Needs and Options Review
So you want to start a building project, but…
• You’ve heard all those horror stories of building projects going over budget and time.
• You don’t know where to start or understand the process.
• You are reticent at this time to commit to the full cost of design and drawings until you know what is feasible and possible, and the likely costs.
• You don’t know if the architect you have just met will listen to you, understand your dreams and wishes, or is the right person for you and your project.
• You just want some sensible, honest advice, before you make a larger commitment.
It is for these reasons that we designed our Needs and Options Review process - a process designed to ensure you get proper advice and a full diagnosis of the opportunities and issues involved with your project before you progress too far, or spend too much money. Because inadequate upfront thought and research is like building a house on bad foundations, our process ensures we take the time to analyse the project with you rather than rushing to design. After all, proper foundations underlie everything which is built on top.
• We will meet to discuss your objectives for this project – we need to understand what’s important to you.
• We will develop an outline brief describing your wants, needs, and aspirations, and of course your budget – we need to understand your detailed needs.
• We will undertake a site analysis – we need to understand the sites attributes like, views, aspect, sun directions and angles, prevailing winds etc.
• We will review Councils planning requirements – we need to know what can be achieved.
• We will prepare design solutions in an outline form.
• We will give outline cost information for budgeting purposes.
• We will provide a schedule of services and fees for the next stages of the process.
• We will provide you with a bound report incorporating all the items outlined above.
The investment for the Needs and Options Review, inclusive of the initial site visit and the follow-up meeting will be between $795.00 and $1,995.00 depending on the size and complexity of the project.
The cost of this review and report will be credited on progression of this project to the next stages.We will provide you with a fixed quote once we have a clearer idea of the scope and size of the project.
READY TO START WORKING WITH US?
Book your Initial Meeting or Needs and Options Review using the form to the right, and we'll be in touch.
Or call us now on +64 9 423 0413
Throughout the time we employed Vince Abela and his company, ABELA Architects Limited, we found Vince and his team to be considerate and helpful. Their timeliness in meeting deadlines and their expertise when responding to our questions was greatly appreciated. We have no hesitation in recommending their services.
Murray Kay, Partner, Webb Morice
We have found ABELA Architects to be accommodating and very helpful throughout the project, and I would have no hesitation in recommending them for future work carried out by us or for a potential client.
Martyne J Dunne, Pleiades Trust
Vince has superbly grafted substantial new additions that result in an excellent modern design. I am very pleased with the result and strongly recommend Vince for both his professional approach and excellent design skills.
Dr. Paul Hutchison, MP
I have no hesitation recommending Vince Abela to any person both professionally as an Architect and also as a person of genuine qualities with the highest levels of integrity and honesty.
John Gasson, Managing Director, The Surveying Co.
We have used ABELA Architects to design major renovations for our home. We now use every room and every day enjoy living in the house we once dreamed of when we purchased 12 years ago.
Paul & Karen Eason
I have found Vince and his team to be absolute professionals. They have listened to our requirements and delivered results that have been both sympathetic and aesthetically pleasing. The excellent working relationship that has developed has led us to commission ABELA Architects to manage the makeover of our holiday home.
Grant & Jo Prince